True Vine Cottage is the perfect place to relax or be active. Some of the possible activities and attractions in our area include:
- Golfing at nearby Canebrake Golf
Course and Shadow Ridge Golf Course
(In the distance behind the fountain in the picture is Canebrake Golf Course; we are located adjacent to the 5th green and the 6th hole tee box)
- Fishing (lake is stocked with bass,
bream, and catfish). Feel free to bring
your fishing gear and be challenged by
our clever fish!
- Bicycling on the nearby Longleaf Trace, Mississippi's famous running, biking, hiking, and equestrian trail
- Area sporting events, such as football, baseball, soccer, and basketball at area schools and universities (USM, William Carey University, PRCC, and JCJC)
- Camp Shelby Museum & grounds are approximately 20 minutes from True Vine Cottage
- Shopping at nearby mall and centers
- Local restaurants, bars, and nightlife
- Considered the "Hub City" as we are
centrally located between the major
cities of Mobile, New Orleans, and
- Convenient movie theater approximately 10 minutes away
- Sky diving, with Gold Coast Skydivers, is available and nearby in Lumberton, Mississippi.
- Corner Market, a grocery store that offers both basic and upscale items, is conveniently located just 5 minutes around the corner.
Local fisherman, Gage, with his catch of the day
Photographs on this website courtesy of Britt Langheld and Natasha Burnett.